Renewable energy solutions are becoming cheaper, more reliable and more efficient every day. Our current reliance on fossil fuels is unsustainable and harmful to the planet, which is why we have to change the way we produce and consume energy. Implementing these new energy solutions as fast as possible is essential to counter climate change, one of the biggest threats to our own survival.
GOAL 7 IN numbers
- By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services
- By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
- By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency
- By 2030, enhance international cooperation to facilitate access to clean energy research and technology, including renewable energy, energy efficiency and advanced and cleaner fossil-fuel technology, and promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technology
- By 2030, expand infrastructure and upgrade technology for supplying modern and sustainable energy services for all in developing countries, in particular least developed countries, small island developing States, and land-locked developing countries, in accordance with their respective programmes of support
Goal 7 Indicators (Preliminary data from PSA)
A look at the Sustainable Development Goals
GOAL 7 IN action
List of Key Government Programs, Activities, or Projects (PAPs) Contributing to Goal 7
Pulangi 4 Selective Dredging Phase 3
This project involves the dredging/removal of siltation in selected sections in the Pulangi river reservoir affecting the energy generation of Pulangi hydroelectric power plant.