Through the Social Development Committee Resolution No. 2 Series of 2019, the SDC enjoins the DBCC to issue a resolution to create the Sub-committee on the SDGs under the DBCC. The Sub-Committee on the SDGs shall be tasked to assist in the coordination of the implementation of the SDGs in the Philippines. It will have the Undersecretary for Planning and Policy from NEDA as its Chair and DBM as its Co-Chair. DBM and NEDA shall jointly determine the members of the Sub-Committee on the SDGs.
The SDC also enjoins the NEDA-Regional Offices to create a Regional Sub-Committee on the SDGs to assist in the advocacy, coordination, and implementation of the SDGs at the local level. The Sub-Committee on the SDGs shall conduct regular quarterly meetings. Special meetings, however, shall be convened as the need arises.
In support of the Sub-Committee on the SDGs, Technical Working Groups (TWG) in Economics, Environment, Social and Peace, Security, and Governance as well as stakeholder chambers be established to provide inputs to the Sub-Committee on the SDGs and an SDG Secretariat be created to provide technical and secretariat support to the Sub-Committee on the SDGs and the TWGs. The SDG Secretariat shall also be tasked to provide technical support to NEDA in matters relating to the SDGs.
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SUB-COMMITTEE ON THE SDGs
1. Assist in the coordination of the SDGs in the Philippines through the conduct of quarterly meetings with relevant government stakeholders;
2. Coordinate, monitor, and recommend to DBCC and the NEDA Board, policies, programs, activities, and projects related to meeting the SDGs consistent with national development objectives and priorities;
3. Provide support, guidance, and oversight on the integration of the SDGs in the development plans;
4. Coordinate inter-sectoral concerns between the economic, environmental, social, and peace, security, and governance sectors;
5. Serve as the platform for disseminating information on and advocating for the SDGs; and
6. Provide clearance and review to SDG-relevant national reports (e.g. Voluntary National Reviews).
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SDG SECRETARIAT
1. Provide secretariat support to the Subcommittee on the SDGs;
2. Provide secretariat support to the TWGs and stakeholder chambers;
3. Coordinate the implementation of the SDGs through the monitoring of policies, programs, activities, or projects identified in the SDG Annex of the Socio-Economic Report and with the assistance of the concerned NEDA technical staffs, assess and identify the policy and program needs to meet the 2030 targets;
4. Coordinate with PSA on SDG Monitoring;
5. Coordinate with the Regional Development Offices and DILG for SDG localization
6. Facilitate stakeholder partnerships through the stakeholder chambers;
7. Ensure representation of vulnerable sectors in each of the TWG;
8. Coordinate with the legislative houses on SDG-related legislation;
9. Coordinate the crafting of international reports on SDGs (e.g. Voluntary National Review to the High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development etc.); and
10. Provide technical support to NEDA on the SDGs.
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE TECHNICAL WORKING GROUPS
1. Monitor the implementation of the SDG Annex of the Socioeconomic Report (in coordination with the concerned NEDA technical staffs);
2. Coordinate with government agencies to explore cross-sector programs for the SDGs;
3. Prepare focus reviews and reports in relation to addressing policy, program, activities, project needs to meet the SDGs;
4. Submit and present sectoral reports to the Sub-Committee on the SDGs.
ROLES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE STAKEHOLDER CHAMBERS
1. Facilitate partnership projects between non-government stakeholders and the government;
2. Assist in funneling non-government actions towards SDG-relevant initiatives through pledging sessions by non-government actors;
3. Setting and communicating clear engagement objectives, and creating an engagement design and plan;
4. Consolidate inputs and feedback from different stakeholders through reports, program, and partnership recommendations and position statements for consideration of the Sub-Committee on the SDGs.